Monday, November 2, 2009

18 Weeks

We had our ultrasound today. I have attached a few of the better pictures. The baby was being a wiggle worm and wouldn't hold still, making the ultrasound tech's job a lot harder. Every time the baby would move I'd start laughing, which would make the baby move more. It was very cool and I'm so glad that Greg was able to be there to share in such a wonderful experience.
3d shot of the baby's face
Baby's Profile
The baby was sucking his/her thumb.
Let's hope this doesn't become a habit! :)

The doctor said that the baby looks great! He/she is in the 56th percentile right now, weighing in at a whopping 8 ounces and a heart rate of 167 beats per minute. He said he/she is right on target for our April 6th due date. He said that I am in excellent health - all of my labs and blood work came back perfect (duh) and he seemed pleased with my weight gain. I lost quite a bit of weight in the first few months, but I've gained all that back plus four pounds.

The ultrasound tech was able to tell the gender of the baby, but we still don't know what it is! She sealed the photos in one envelope and wrote the sex on a slip of paper and sealed it in an another envelope. After the appointment, Greg and I took the envelope with the note in it to a bakery. They are baking us a cake with either pink or blue filling in it. On Saturday our friends and family will all come over and we'll cut the cake open to reveal the sex of the baby! It will be a short and sweet party, but it's a fun way for us to share the joy with the people will love.

I am feeling better every day! I was able to go back to my normal 3-day/week work schedule. I'm back at the gym three times a week, just not pushing myself quite as hard as I was before. I have been keeping my heart rate between 145-155. I usually have to use the bathroom one or two times during my 30-minute workout, which is kind of a pain but I'm grateful to be there at all! I have been cooking again! I didn't realize how much I missed it. In the last week I've made spaghetti squash from our garden, chicken fried steak, turkey burgers and sweet potato fries, and veggie fritata to name a few. It seems as though I am finally able to eat what I like without getting sick. I have a nearly insatiable appetite, to the extent that I wake up in the middle of the night and need to eat a bowl of cereal. I've been taking Flintstone vitamins and successfully keeping them down for several days now, so tonight I took one of my prenatal vitamins. So far, so good!

Let's hope these blessings and positive progress continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment