Tuesday, December 1, 2009

House Guests, Thanksgiving & 22 Week Update

My mom and sister visited for Thanksgiving and we had a nice time. It snowed the first night my mom was here, but my sister missed it because she flew in a day later. We spent most of the week hanging out at home by the fire, watching movies, baking, painting our toenails, and playing with Copper. We did venture out to Cabela's to sample fudge, try out my sister's aim, and pose next to the animal exhibits. And of course, I couldn't let them leave without a trip to Dockside for a Gooey, which my sister (nearly) devoured by herself! We had a very nice Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey and pumpkin pie both came out exceptionally better than I anticipated! I have some pretty funny pictures of my mom prepping the turkey.

She was saying that it's going to be just like this when the doctor delivers the baby. I think my facial expression says it all... "God I hope not!"

Dinner turned out great! Poor Greg has been working nights for the last week and a half and had to be woken up for dinner.

On the pregnancy front, Greg and I went to the doctor yesterday for a routine check up. They seem to be a bigger waste of time than anything. We waited in the waiting room for 20-30 minutes. The nurse took my weight, blood pressure and urine sample before putting us in an exam room where we waited for another 15-20 minutes for the doctor to arrive. He asked how I was feeling, if I had any questions, poked around in my belly, and listened to Abby's heartbeat with the Doppler - 156bmp. "Everything looks good. See you in four weeks." And he was gone. I'm very grateful to be healthy and have a healthy baby, but it seems like they could maybe stretch them to every 6 weeks for low-risk pregnancies.

My belly is getting noticeably bigger, finally. Greg knows how much I hate it when people call me Prego (I'm not a spaghetti sauce, thank you very much, nor am I "knocked up"), so he's taken to calling me "saucy". This morning he said I am looking very saucy today, so I'll have to take a picture later and post that. For now, here's a picture of me at 20 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment