Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Oatmeal Cookies

Greg and I have enjoyed these modified Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for a long time, but recently I took these cookies to a couples' Bible study a while back and they were a huge hit! Someone asked me what they were called. I had never thought of a name for them, but today I came up with a GREAT one! Easter Oatmeal Cookies! The red of the cranberries signifying Christ's shed blood and the white chocolate chips signifying that I am white as snow because of Him! :)

If you'd like to make your own Easter Oatmeal Cookies, here's the recipe. Enjoy!

1/2 lb butter, softened
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 c. oatmeal
1 c. dried cranberries
1 c. white chocolate chips


1. Heat oven to 350 F
2. Beat together butter and sugars.
3. Add vanilla and eggs.
4. Ass combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oats, cranberries, and white chocolate chips.
6. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 min. or until golden brown on edges/
8. Cool on a wire rack.

Makes about 4 dozen

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I made these to sell at the Farmers Market. Opening weekend is this weekend. If you have any other awesome that would be great sellers, please please please send them my way.

    ReplyDelete