Tuesday, March 23, 2010

38 Weeks

I've really been slacking with this blog. I haven't even been writing in my pregnancy journal, which makes me feel pretty awful. There have been so many funny things that I want to remember and hope that I will be able to.

We've started and finished out child birth class. It was interesting, but more than anything I enjoyed watching Greg pay such close attention to the lessons. He was definitely a gold star student! Even in the lactation class he was very attentive to the "Dad's Role" and how he can support me. He's been really wonderful through the entire pregnancy. I really can't wait to see him hold his daughter. I can't imagine anything more precious.

Overall I have been feeling pretty good. I feel more and more pregnant every day! Backaches and heartburn are the worst of my complaints, which is pretty good! I had a long spell between 7-8 months where I couldn't sleep for more than two hours without having to get up to use the bathroom or eat a snack. I'm now back to sleeping 4-6 hours at a time, but still wake up frequently and find it difficult to get comfortable. I have had some of the most outrageous dreams. I can't even begin to describe some of them!

There have been no health complications with me or the baby, for which we are very grateful. We have interviewed one pediatrician and have nothing nice to say. I really should continue looking, but haven't fully recovered from the trauma of the first interview. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be to find a pediatrician that applauds parents being actively involved in their child's health care and making informed decisions.

On a much happier note, I have two wonderful friends that threw me a beautiful baby shower in February. They really went over the top! Jenn, one of the hostesses made this amazing cake! She and Amanda worked very hard to make it a special day for me and it most certainly was! We had lots of friends and family come and share the excitement. We got lots of adorable clothes, toys, and practical gifts we can't wait to test out!

I found a photographer who offers a great package for families with young babies. The package included a maternity photo session, which we really enjoyed. We had these pictures taken when I was about 33 weeks pregnant. We chose one to have framed and had guests at the baby shower sign the mat. It turned out very cute and now hangs in Abby's room.












Yesterday was our 38 week check-up with the OB. I am 80% effaced and 3cm dilated, which I think surprised him. Her head is down and they are guessing she's about 7lbs right now. Her heart rate is starting to slow down a little bit. She's be consistently in the 140s and yesterday was around 135. A friend of mine says this is her way of resting and preparing for the journey. It's very exciting to know that she could be here at anytime. Here is a more recent picture that Greg snapped as I was getting ready yesterday morning. I was 37 weeks 6 days pregnant!

For the last few months I have been anxious about her coming before I got everything on my to-do list accomplished. I mean, really, what would I do if there were no milk in the house when I went into labor? Or heaven forbid I hadn't vacuumed!? I'm pretty well over that now! I am ready for her to come whenever she is ready. We'll send friends to the store for milk if we need to! Our child birth instructor told us to write chores on 3x5 cards and keep them in a basket by the door so that when visitors stop by and ask if there is anything they can do we can have them draw a card from the basket. The thought of this kind of cracks me up. As if I won't be able to empty the garbage myself, or change the water in the flowers. I guess every little bit does help though!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to send a shout out for Dr. Cradock for a Pediatrician... He is an amazing christian Dr. who is all for the parents involvment in EVERYTHING... and he has even prayed with us.... he is at CDA peds.... Just wanted to give you the tip.....YOu look adorable by the way... I cant wait to meet your little punkin!!

    ReplyDelete