Today I am 39 weeks pregnant. Only 7 days till my official due date and Greg's birthday. I really could not be more ready for Abigail to make her entrance already! Who knows maybe we'll be celebrating both of their birthdays in the hospital?!
Friday was my last day of work and now that I am officially on maternity leave I really can't wait for her to be here so I can enjoy as much time as possible with her before I have to begin working again. I am very blessed that I will be able to work from home and can keep whatever hours for me, er I mean work for her.
Over the last three or four days I have had several false starts. Lots of painful contractions and other symptoms that make labor seem like it's on the horizon. I went to the doctor yesterday and was told that I hadn't dilated much past the 3cm I was at last week. After all of the contractions and pain it was very frustrating news to hear, but it's better than being at 1cm or 0cm at the beginning of labor.
I have been drinking red raspberry leaf tea, well as much as I can stomach it. My appetite seems to come in tidal waves. For the last several days I have had zero energy to do anything! I just lounge on the couch reading and putzing around on the internet. I have been reading lots of articles that give me false hope that the onset of labor is close. One suggested that more babies are born on Tuesdays than any other day of the week. Another article suggests a correlation between the full moon and the beginning of labor. Well my friends, today is Tuesday and it's a full moon tonight so we shall soon see if there is any truth to any of this.
This morning I woke up with some energy and what I can only guess is the last burst of nesting. I have been running around the house cleaning as if the Queen of England herself were on her way over for tea. At the moment I am taking a rest, but the kitchen and bathroom still need desperate attention. I'm sure I'll still get a nap in at some point today and hope find myself on the couch folding laundry while watching a movie later this afternoon. If I feel up to it I may even get a yoga session in. I've had some contractions, but find that if I'm up moving around I dwell on them less. I figure I don't need to worry about frequency or intensity until they are strong enough that they force me to pay attention.
The blog is closing
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment